Private sector cooperation
Finland’s development cooperation provides many possibilities for companies. Companies can see where development funds are channeled from the funding decisions.
A part of the funds are earmarked to development cooperation projects to be carried out after an invitation to tender.
- Finnpartnership’s Business Partnership Support helps both Finnish and developing country companies in identifying new business opportunities and business partners.
- The Ministry for Foreign Affairs also offers support to work that is meant to facilitate import from the developing countries
- The Ministry for Foreign Affairs grants funds to the production of television programmes dealing with development issues. The purpose of the support is to promote programme and documentary industries focusing on development policy and development cooperation and to bring more of them on Finnish tv channels (only in Finnish).
- Finnfund grants long-term financing for responsible private business activities in the developing countries and countries in transition.
- In addition, development cooperation offers many other opportunities for companies in Finland and abroad.
- Concessional credits is a system of funding that supports export to the developing countries by means of using development funds to interest subsidies payable on export credits. New projects are not accepted any more.
See also: Aid for Trade