Contact information of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Addresses of Finnish representations abroad can be found on: Countries A-Z
Postal address: Ministry for Foreign Affairs, P.O.Box 176, FI-00023 Government, Finland
Switchboard: +358 295 350 000
24/7 service: +358 9 1605 5555 (calls will be recorded)
If you cannot reach the 24/7 number, please call: (09) 664 103.
Media enquiries service (outside office hours): +358 40 551 6571
Visiting address: Ritarikatu 2 b, open on working days 8.00–16.15
Telephone: +358 295 351 861
Documents addressed to Ministry for Foreign Affairs can be delivered to the Government's mail distribution centre, address: Ritarikatu 2 b, open on working days 8.00–16.15. However, the embassies located in Helsinki can deliver documents to Ministry for Foreign affairs in Merikasarmi.
Registry office of the Department for Development Policy:
Visiting address: Katajanokanlaituri 3
Telephone: +358 295 350 822
Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a
Phone directory of Ministry for Foreign Affairs (PDF, 185 kB)
Fax: +358 9 629 840 or 1605 5799
- Political Department, Department for External Economic Relations, Legal Service, Consular Services, Protocol Services, Department for Europe, Department for Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Laivastokatu 22, Merikasarminkatu 5F
- Department for Africa and the Middle East: Kanavakatu 3C, 1st floor
- Department for the Americas and Asia and Department for Development Policy: Katajanokanlaituri 3, Kanavakatu 4
- Administrative Services and Financial Management Unit: Kanavakatu 3 B
- Department for Communication: Kanavakatu 3 C
- Library of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs: Merikasarmi, Laivastokatu 22 B
- Human Resources Development: Kanavakatu 4A (registration at control room on Katajanokanlaituri 3)
- Passport and Visa Unit:
Diplomatic and service passports: Merikasarminkatu 5 F, customer service Mon-Fri 09.00–12.00; visits by appointment between 13.00 and 15.00.
Legalisations: Merikasarminkatu 5 D (on the map, door D, entrance facing to the street), customer service Mon-Fri 09.00–12.00.
Visa matters: queries by phone 10.00–12.00.
How to find the Ministry: http://formin.finland.fi/visitguide/eng/generalmap.htm