EU enlargement and neighbourhood programmes - Twinning and TAIEX
Twinning and TAIEX (Technical Assistance and Information Exchange) are EU-funded instruments where the member states' public administrations offer expert help towards developing administration and legislature in EU applicant and neighbourhood states. This intergovernmental project-based form of co-operation is funded by the Union's Instrument for Preaccession Assistance (IPA) as well as the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI).
Twinning and TAIEX projects are carried out in EU candidate states in the Western Balkans, Turkey and Iceland (IPA states) as well as states part of the European Neighbourhood Policy both in the East and South.
Twinning - IPA beneficiary states: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Kosovo, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey
Twinning - ENPI beneficiary states: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijhan, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Moldova, Tunis, and Ukraine
TAIEX beneficiary states: In addition to the above: Libya. Syria, Palestinian territory and Belarus.
Twinning projects currently open for proposals:
Other Foreign Service websites
- Finnish representation to Albania (through Athens)
- Finnish representation to Bosnia-Herzegovina (through Ljubljana)
- Embassy of Finland in Iceland
- Embassy of Finland in Kosovo
- Finnish representation to Serbia and to Montenegro
- Embassy of Finland in Turkey
- Finnish representation to Croatia and to Macedonia (FYROM)
- Embassy of Finland in Algeria
- Embassy of Finland in Israel
- Finnish representation to Syria, Jordan and Lebanon
- Embassy of Finland in Morocco
- Finland's office in the Palestinian territory
- Embassy of Finland in Tunis
- Embassy of Finland in Ukraine
- Finnish representation to Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
Content administrator Unit for EU Enlargement and Western Balkans