Accreditation of Foreign Correspondents to MFA International Press Center (IPC)
A correspondent wishing to get an accreditation with IPC should contact the manager of IPC by e-mail to email@example.com or Ms. Erja Raiskila by phone +358 295 351 330 to start the accreditation process. Please note that an accreditation to IPC is not a requirement to work as a foreign journalist or correspondent in Finland.
The accreditation form should be filled in by hand and the following attachments are required:
- a copy of the applicant's passport and residence permit
- a copy of the applicant's international press card
- an original letter of assignment by the editor-in-chief of the host employer. This letter should be dated and directed to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It should also clearly state the status of the applicant (free-lance or full-time media representative)
- a few recent articles or photographs of published work
- a curriculum vitae
- a few sample publications of media
- photograph of the applicant by e-mail
When accreditation is granted, the IPC provides the correspondent with a press card. The card is first issued for one year, and later for two years, at a time.
The press card entitles the correspondent to use the office premises and facilities of the International Press Center (IPC), to regularly receive electronic up-to-date information about current events, press releases and invitations meant for media representatives and to join happenings, trips and visits organized by IPC.
The correspondent's contact information will also be published in the Press Directory.